Logline - A professional selfish workaholic man is challenged to change for the good, after he falls into an unfamiliar world where he must complete several tasks before he can leave and get back to his evil ways.
This fits in perfectly with my work as an educator for film and an independent family-friendly and faith-based filmmaker. We prayed before each day of filming for God's will to be displayed. The cast (mostly crew) and crew worked hard to create an inspirational and unique experience that shows what so many people go through who get caught up in the work world and don’t see anything else around them.
The tagline - The battle between good and evil.
This work fits perfectly with the contest topic, the Spiritual Battle found in Ephesians 6:10-20 because the film deals with the battle between good and evil.
ANDREW BOS (Lead Cast) - JJ
JACQUELINE "HAPIJAX" RUTHERFORD - Executive Producer, she funded the movie
KATHERINE DUDLEY - Writer, Director, Producer, Production Designer, Editor
RICK WILLIAMS (Cast - Man) - Cinematographer
CHRISTIANNE GRIST (Cast - Woman) - Cinematographer, Hair & Makeup
HARRISON MURPHY (Cast - Employee #1) - 2nd Assistant Camera
BENJAMIN GRIST (Cast - Employee #2) - 1st Assistant Director
CONNER J. ARRINGTON - Sound
LUCAS BAKER - Sound and BTS Stills
JAMIE BLAIR - Props and x Coordinator
LIZ PETTY - Music Composer
JOSH PETTY - Music Composer
We do not have a digital copy and it is not for sale yet. We just finished it in time for the competition.
I am currently working on a five-points devotional that relates to the five-minute movie and what the main character goes through. It will include Bible verses (inspired by Ephesians 6:10-20 and other verses), good vs evil thoughts and decisions, questions, and quotes. The five points (topics) are as follows:
1. Be humble, but ready for a battle. What does your Armor of God look like? What will you bring or be prepared with for a battle, like the sling shot that David brought?
2. Be kind - volunteer, help, care about, and love others. Share stories, meals, laughs, cries or anything else that God puts on your heart. Listen to God and not the Devil.
3. Don't give up. There will always be tasks in your life that will be hard and you will struggle, but you are stronger than you think.
4. Use your gifts and talents for God's glory - with good vs evil, God will fill your spirit with what is good, listen to your heart and use the passions, gifts and talents he has given you for his glory. Do not listen to the Devil and do evil things with your talents that you know will hurt God.
5. Pray - have meaningful conversations with God and pray for others.
No excuses, you’re fired.
There’s no cell service out here.
Task #1 is ready.
What do you mean, task #1?
You want to get out of here?
Then cut and stack the wood.
This is crazy.
I’m not doing this.
Time for task #2.
These jugs need to be filled.
No way. I’m tired, look at all this wood I cut.
Task #3 is waiting.
What is that?
Food that needs to be stored and labeled correctly in the buckets.
How do I do that?
You’ll figure it out.
You completed all the tasks. You can go home now.
Who are you?
It doesn’t matter, but what does matter is that you don’t forget what you did. I hope this has opened your eyes to your selfish ways.
Hey, aren’t you the guy from the woods?
Don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m here to recruit volunteers for...
I’ll do it.
I didn’t finish.
I’m JJ and you are? Never mind, it doesn’t matter. I want to help.
He’s never volunteered for anything as long as I’ve been here.
I know, and that guy comes here all the time, how does he not know him?
EMPLOYEE #2 (CONT’D)
Didn’t he fire you?
Yeah, but I came in today hoping to talk him out of it.
This may be your lucky day.
That’s not luck.
My office is this way.
Curious? Interested in submitting artwork to our contest? Know someone who might be? Through April 14th, 2022, the Engage Art Contest is open to the whole world! Get your foot in the door by claiming your Artist Page now!